Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Grandpa Frank is recieving cards!! - Letter from Tina's Uncle

Tina has allowed us to share this letter she received from her Uncle.....I know you will all enjoy reading this.....

Tina,
Great Follow through with the cards. I was over at dad's tonight and the total is well over 40 cards so far. Germany. Ireland, Austria, Australia, Switzerland, England, Canada, Belgium,Scotland and Texas are some of the foreign countries heard from so far. Also Oregon, Washington, Virginia,Wisconsin, Kansas, Arizona, and California are represented. (I may have forgotten some I was doing that from memory...)
He's having a ball. The cards from your group are all really neat. All very unique, and well done.
And Many nice comments about you. Congratulations on a job well done!
Dad plans on writing a generic thank you with a little bit of history and a photograph of him and "HIS CARDS".
I'll take several pictures and make sure I get some good ones which I will forward to you. It probably will be a week or so to make sure we have all the cards in the picture.
This was a GREAT idea!

Love to you and all my grand nephews and grand nieces.
U Frank

Thank you all So Much for sending a card and being part of this!! I will continue to add cards to the post below .....if more are sent to me......
Have a Great Day all!!

13 comments:

Mandi said...

Aww what a lovely letter, bless Tina for sharing it with us. Thank you so much Ila xx

Sue said...

aww how lovely, look forward to seeing the piccies of grandad n all his cards, sue.x

Donalda said...

Oh that is so sweet!!!!!! I am so glad this has made him so happy and that he is having fun getting all these cards all over the world. Thanks for letting us see the nice letter

dpkennedy said...

I am so glad he is having fun receiving these cards. I guess to some, Texas is a foreign country, lol! Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up!

Tracy.H said...

Thanks for letting us know, Ila. I am so glad that he is enjoying all the cards. :0)

Anonymous said...

I think this was such an awesome idea and I am sorry I missed it. I planned on sending one to him, but the stamp that I ordered for his card, did not get here yet. How long will he be receiving cards?? I hope you have been well, Ila!!

Love,
Andrea

Joey said...

Awww thankyou for sharing such a lovely letter with us all, looking forward to seeing the pics. joey xxx

Unknown said...

Aww bless him. I'm so pleased for him.
It's heartwarming to be able to bring a smile to someone so far away.
Viv xx

Anonymous said...

This is what it's all about!!!!! Thank you Ila for doing this and giving us the opportunity of participating as well!

Annie said...

what a lovely letter and I am so happy he is getting lots of cards. there is one winging it's way over from Cornwall! hugs, annie x

Shirley said...

How wonderfully exciting to know how he is enjoying them. Thanks to Tina and you for sharing his joy and for letting us have an opportunity to send them.

Gayle said...

Hi Ila
Thanks so much for letting us know they are getting through.
I'm glad they are having the desired effect.
My card is HERE
I hope there are many more to come!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

Risa said...

What a wonderful letter! I'm so glad that your grandfather enjoyed his many cards and I bet he had a blast going through them. Thanks for sharing the letter Ila.
hugs
Risa:)