Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Personal Thank You Letter to You All..followed by Photos from Frank White!...Tina's Grandfather


Dear Friends,

I am most grateful to all the people to all the people who took the time, effort, and expense of sending greetings for my 88Th birthday. My son Frank initiated the idea abetted by my granddaughter Tina, that caused an avalanche of cards totalling over one hundred and fifty. I received 46 cards on one day alone!

Many were from relatives, but a great number were from people I have never met. Quite a number of different states were represented as well as many Canadian Provinces. Many customers of Tina's stamp and card business in other countries were nice enough to send greetings. Represented were Australia, Austria, Canada, England, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Scotland, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the Union of South Africa. All these were hand crafted and showed effort and originality.

My heartfelt thanks to all who sent these many greatly appreciated greetings. They made this a birthday to be well remembered.

Sincerely,

Frank White







20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing the photos, they really made me smile!

Joey said...

Hi Ila, thankyou for sharing these pictures and wonderful letter with us all. joey.xx

Sue said...

Aww thanks for sharing the pics n lovely letter, what an awsome amount of cards Frank got, how lovely, sue.xx

Mandi said...

AWw fabulous, what a smashing letter and fab photos...what a lovely smiley man....chuffed he was so pleased THANKS Ila for making this possible hugs manid xx

Unknown said...

Awww brought tears to my eyes Ila!
How wonderful for him. I'm so pleased to have been a very small part of his day.
Thank you so much for the photos.
Viv xxx

Gayle said...

Hi Ila

Thanks so much for sharing this. It really made my day today!
Such a wonderful letter, and Grandpa Frank looks delighted!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

ribenaruby said...

Thanks for sharing the pics Ila, all so wonderful creations and yes Mr Frank White really has a wonderful smile and he has made me smile today!

craftyb said...

Hi Ila, Oh what a result for Frank! I am delighted for him...46 cards in one day...well that must've been special!! He looks amazing in the photo's and what a splendid array of cards...I even spotted mine amongst them all!! I'm so glad I made that little effort for this was very special! Now...I'm off to get a tissue! bx

Becky G said...

How happy and susrprised he looks with all his cards. So fun to be part of this. Thanks for sharing the pictures and letter.

Hugs,
Becky

Tracey said...

WOW!! Look at all those cards!! This is really fantastic Ila! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what happens when you mix a thoughtful idea with a bunch of stamping women. Whoa! Awesome indeed.

Christine Riley said...

This is so wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing his wonderful letter and the photos. I'm so glad he enjoyed all the cards :) Thanks for arranging this Ila, it was great to see him smiling in the photos :)
Hugs, Christine

dpkennedy said...

Oh how wonderful these pictures and that letter are! I am so glad that we could make his birthday memorable. He looks like the sweetest man! Thank you so much Ila for spreading the word!

Tricia T said...

Doesn't that look fun??? :) Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm so glad he enjoyed his rain shower of blessings! :)

The Rubber Maid said...

TFS the wonderful photos of Frank with all the cards. Wasn't that a wonderful thing to do ! Pat

Tammi said...

This is wonderful, I'm so happy he got so many beautiful cards! TFS the pics Ila!

Tracy.H said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. I am so happy that he enjoyed them all! :0)

Jean said...

How wonderful Frank Scored big! Hope he had a fantastic day and it sounds like he did.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for Frank to get sooooo many cards. Thank you for sharing the photos it was so heartwarming!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my that is amazing.